The United Way of the Crossroads partnered with Meals on Wheels Victoria, Community Action Coalition, Community Connections of Lavaca County, and The Gonzales Senior Citizens Association to bring holiday gifts to nearly 800 homebound seniors in 2020.
In years past, Seniors’ wish lists were placed on trees in bank lobbies, stores, and offices. Individuals would pick a wish list, shop for gifts, and return them for distribution by Meals on Wheels. Unfortunately, lobby closures and safety concerns make this process impossible this year. Instead, they asked businesses, community groups, and individuals to help.
20/21 Be a Santa for a Senior project will open in Fall 2021
What can you do?
Wish list items needed
- space heaters
You can drop off donations at the following drive locations:
- please make a monetary donation by following this link. Just $25 ensures a senior gets a gift!
- Gonzales National Bank, 1622 East Sarah DeWitt, Gonzales is collecting all wish list items.
- Gonzales County Senior Citizens Association, 818 Seydler, Gonzales is collecting all wish list items.
- Episcopal Church of the Messiah, 721 St. Louis, Gonzales is collecting all items during service times.
- Texas Thunder Radio, 1324 North Ave E, Shiner is collecting all items
Just $25 will ensure a senior's wish list can be fulfilled. Donations can be made by following this link. Donors can even give in honor of a loved one or designate to a specific county.
The United Way will need help to sort and pack donated items, transport gifts to Meals on Wheels locations, and perhaps even help with meal and gift distributions. Gather a group and let's go!
Contact Jill at 361-578-3561 or email@example.com for more information.