COVID-19 RELIEF FUND
The Golden Crescent Community Organizations Active in Disasters (GCCOAD) and the United Way of the Crossroads created a COVID-19 Relief Fund to deploy resources to residents and community-based organizations impacted by the coronavirus outbreak in the Golden Crescent region in Texas. The Golden Crescent covers a 7-county region, including: Victoria, DeWitt, Calhoun, Goliad, Gonzales, Lavaca, and Jackson counties. The Fund was designed to complement the work of public health officials and expand local capacity to address all aspects of the outbreak as efficiently as possible.
The United Way of the Crossroads is administering the grants in partnership with GCCOAD. Together, we properly identify potential grant recipients based on recommendations from a community committee. Funds are released on a rolling basis as fundraising continues throughout the outbreak and recovery phases of the crisis, making it possible to move resources quickly and adapt to evolving needs in subsequent funding phases. The Fund has made three rounds of funding since April 17th.
See What We've Funded HERE
To volunteer as a delivery driver for meals to homebound seniors or to distribute food at mobile food pantries or at schools, follow the Volunteer Now link below:
To donate in-demand items, please reach out to the following organizations:
- Food items, adult diapers, cleaning supplies - Food Bank of the Golden Crescent located at 3809 E Rio Grande St. Please call 361-578-0591 for more information.
- Clothing - the Salvation Army located at 1302 N Louis St. Please call 361-576-1297 for hours.
- Other items to help in the recovery process will be collected at the VCLTRG's warehouse at 304 E. Santa Rosa. Please call 361-894-9334 for information about hours and types of donations accepted.
For More Information:
- General Questions & Inquiries about the Fund can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interested donors and partners, contact UWC's Executive Director, Brooke Garcia at email@example.com
- For volunteer opportunites, please contact UWC's Community Engagment Coordinator, Jill Blucher at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Media inquiries can be directed to Pastor Glen Dry at email@example.com